Writers Help Block
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Writers Help Block

Calling all original story and fan fiction writers! Are you stuck on one of your works? Have you finished a story and are looking for something new to write, but can't think of anything? well this forum is a friendly place to get help with your stories as

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Family-Tree thingy Problem.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fallenangel
Fallenangel

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-05-10

A Family-Tree thingy Problem. Empty
PostSubject: A Family-Tree thingy Problem.   A Family-Tree thingy Problem. EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 9:17 pm

I have a couple....well a few stories going in which the character are ancestors or related to the characters of other stories, and so I'm finding I'm having a major issue of keeping them striaght and how to keep a timeline of when each are around. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, I know some authors like to keep a family tree but I find I'm struggling with how to start one....or where one should start from when dealing with Vampires and Elves, Immortal creatures with HUGE trees?

I would really appriciate any suggestion,
FA

Last edited by Fallenangel on Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://writersxofxtomorrow.ipbfree.com/
Akari Neko-chan
Admin
Admin
Akari Neko-chan

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: A Family-Tree thingy Problem.   A Family-Tree thingy Problem. EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 1:24 pm

Well perhaps when making a family tree for this you might want to go backwards, and keep it simple.

Perhaps you should start with the "youngest" at the bottom/top and then put his/her parents. then the parents parents, and so on and so forth. don't even worry about aunts and uncles at first.

Here's what I'm thinking of.

Youngest
Parent Parent
Grand Parents Grand Parents (GP)
Great GP Great GP

Then once you have that down you can branch off from there starting at wither the mother or father's side.

I don't know if it makes since to you but it kinda does to me. >.< I've never done an immortal family tree before though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kirky90011.proboards83.com
Fallenangel
Fallenangel

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: A Family-Tree thingy Problem.   A Family-Tree thingy Problem. EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 4:51 pm

It makes sense and I'll try it, thanks for the advice. This may really help keep me strightm because right now I think I'm beyond lost!
Back to top Go down
http://writersxofxtomorrow.ipbfree.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Family-Tree thingy Problem.   A Family-Tree thingy Problem. Empty

Back to top Go down

A Family-Tree thingy Problem.
Page 1 of 1